Born 1993, Beijing
Current lives and works in New York and Beijing
Zeppra is an artist works primarily in browser-based art and video. Her work comments on the functional/formal patterns found in post-internet visuality (ex. interface designs, popular applications), and often refer to the software/procedures utilized by cultural industry.
She hopes to create a light-weight, portable environment which can be easily transplanted into users’ individual interaction with digital surroundings (phones, browsers, etc.) to reach a moment of awareness of the MEDIA.
Her writings investigate the way of reconfiguring the subject-object relation between the human and non-human world.
- LL.M. University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) (expected in May, 2019)
M.A. in Media, Culture and Communication, New York University (New York, US)
LL.B. Tsinghua University (Beijing, CN)
- 2018.6 "Art Printed 1# ", CICA Museum, Gimpo, South Korea (upcoming)
- 2018.3 "VPN: the Relative Position with the Boundaries", Fou Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, the U.S.
- 2018.3 "eRR0R", at arrhythmicity VR exhibition space, Dalpofzs (online show)
- 2018.2 "Push the Button", On/Off Gallery, Genova, Italy (online show)
- 2015.12 "Suspended Demension", Yifu Library at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- 2014.4 “Boom: New Undergrad Work”, Museum of Department of Art and Design at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Conference and Publication
- 2017, Conference Presentation: "The Practice and Imagination of Chinese Programming Language", at Neil Postman Conference", NYU
- 2017, Magazine Article: “Shadow and Retelling: Art of Vivianne Sassen”, for Art & Design (Beijing), April
- 2017, Magazine Article: “Food for Being Looked at”, for Art & Design (Beijing), October
weChat ID: zeppra
site made by zeppra